The Alabama Mining Association (AMA) is seeking a new President. A qualified candidate will have ample professional experience that demonstrates their ability to excel in the position described below. Well-qualified candidates are invited to apply by sending a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. The deadline to apply has been extended to the close of business on September 14, 2023.
The President of the Alabama Mining Association is a highly motivated self-starter who knows how to develop trusting and productive relationships with public officials, regulatory agency leaders, and government employees at all levels. As the public face of Alabama’s mining industry, the President must develop a robust understating of mining and be able to serve as the bridge between industry experts and decision-makers. The President embraces the challenge of developing and implementing a vision for the association that adds value to its members today and anticipates the future challenges and opportunities facing the mining industry. Furthermore, the President is an effective leader and administrator who keeps the Board of Directors informed, updated, and engaged.
The President of the Alabama Mining Association
- Represents the interests of AMA’s members at the state legislature.
- Maintains productive relationships with members of Alabama’s federal delegation and their staff.
- Proactively develops relationships with leaders at regulatory agencies, including the Alabama Department of Environmental Management, Alabama Surface Mining Commission, Alabama Department of Labor, the Mining Safety and Health Administration, and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
- Submits written comments and testifies on mining industry issues at public hearings.
- Knows and adheres to all lobbying laws and ethics reporting requirements.
- Meets with candidates for public office and develops the campaign contribution strategy for AMA’s Political Action Committee.
- Serves as a state partner for the National Stone, Sand, and Gravel Association and the National Mining Association.
- Serves as the Chair of the Alabama Mine Safety & Training Foundation.
- Responds to media inquiries and drafts and distributes press releases, writes email newsletters, and updates the website.
- Regularly communicates with AMA members and prospective members.
- Plans and organizes meetings of AMA’s Environmental, Safety, and Community Responsibility & Engagement committees.
- Develops and implements goals and objectives that position AMA to achieve its mission.
- Prudently manages AMA’s annual budget and works with the accounting firm to accurately monitor the association’s income and expenses.
- Manages and oversees AMA’s Executive Assistant.
- Plans and organizes AMA events.
- Plans Board of Directors meetings and provides accurate and timely updates on the association’s activities.